badge

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Love is everywhere

That special someone about whom I always take pride in talking. She is one of very few women I know, who is worth mentioning. I have been longing to write about her, and today finally I take the privilege of writing about her.

Meet Mrs Bharati, a caretaker who worked at a ladies PG. Those days when we lived there and met this amazing lady, we witnessed a power packed hero with great energy, always smiling and she is an epitome of honesty. She worked in the same PG for 7 years. She was then 62-63 years old and single handedly would manage the entire PG hosting 50 girls.. The only reason I moved to that PG then was the amazing home-like food taste. The day I went to enquire, I was offered dinner, and I swear no PG provides that tasty a food. Apart from cooking amazing food, she also did all the chores of the PG which was 3 stories large for a salary of 6500 rupees!

Bharti Aunty was never just a care taker for us. She is a woman with mother’s heart and she bestowed us with unconditional love. Whoever has lived in that PG during her time will not disagree to my previous statement. She would prepare really mild spiced food for some of us who could not have spicy food, keep apart food for those who would came late from work and give real warm milk just before going to bed. It was hard to believe we lived in a PG! Its always so comforting when someone awaits you and makes sure you ate well and slept! Many times she has called me on my cellphone when am partying late night, just to make sure I am fine…
Very often, on Sundays we would get food from outside, watch TV, chat till late and have a very late lunch. After which all would sleep for a while. Imagine rainy evenings, you are sleeping post lunch and just when you wake up there is Tea waiting for you. I can never forget those days when Bharti Aunty would wake us up gently offering hot cup of tea.

If anybody was unwell, she would personally make real light food, warm it and get it to our rooms. Not only me, my other roomies also have witnessed her selfless love for all of us.

After my accident, when I returned to Bangalore, she could not see my pain and I saw tears in her eyes! She shouted at me rightfully asking me not to indulge in any adventures that could hurt me. Her concern was genuine, but she was no one for me!!!

But nevertheless, straight trees are cut first, honest people are hurt the most. This woman who would remember and return even 35 rupees change for each of us for what we pay for milk, one who would go to K R Market in her age to get grocery and vegetables for less so as to save money for PG owner was accused of stealing and minting money! It was that day, she sat in a chair crying and it was so devastating to see an elderly woman cry! After having done all that for her employer, she was accused and verbally abused. She decided that day to quit her job. We all stood by her and insisted she should stay. But she had made her mind, hence we bid her a farewell and wished her a peaceful retirement. Even after which, she was ready to cook food for us from her home and send it with her son in law !! We fondly refused that offer.

Today she visited me ,my home after a very long time.(About 4 years)
She is still the same , caring, loving and warm. We are blessed to have met Bharti Aunty, we will always be fond of her , like she is of us.  She is a celebrity for us.



1 comment:

  1. It is heartening to read about Bharati aunty. You are blessed to be with her in the PG. I wish her a happy retired life.

    ReplyDelete