badge

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Feedback to iVolunteer

Write Up about iVolunteer!
Heyy Thanks all of u.. Made my Diwali a wonderful event..

First to start with our Saturday event at the Surabhi foundation. When I saw from outside it was just another Govt. school with minimal facilities and handful children. I hadnt expected as many volunteers and events, since I am a first timer to such activities. I had a goose skin when I saw you all becoming ones aming the little blessings and playing. There was sheer joy and real Diwali pleasure in all of you including kids. You guys all knew what they wanted. And there they got it.. Singing, dancing, games, sweets, craft and Yeah Crackers!!!... It was wonderful...

Sunday at the RC was a little nerving for me. I was terrified when I saw little girls with little toddlers/infants in their hand. I spoke to Mrs Vasantha who said the number has gone up from 6 to 75 and some girls came back often!!.. I feel they need to be given more counselling and time than just clothes, shoes etc.. And lovely was the time spent with them.. I am glad to be a part of the celebration.

I HAVE to comment about the skills these kids have. Amazing!! I did the same event in office and I Bet my colleagues could not make even 50% close to what these kids did... They sure will envy their artistic skills :)

Thanks Prarthana.. for the Reply request in CAPS.. for the first time I composed a mail in 16 minutes and REPLIED .. :D

Cheers guys.. I will be glad to be part of future events ..

Mamta Click on Photographs to view the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment