badge

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Déjà Vu


Déjà Vu… That feeling – That lunch just before the examination starts. Nervous and Anxious. Hot Daal, Rice and lemon, so tasty otherwise is now tasting bland. TV is doing its best to grab my attention but fails.. Déjà Vu.. I have felt the same sometime back.. May be when I was in school or college.. It’s the same feeling today..

After two years I appear for the examination. I have prepared well I can say. When they sent me on LOP I did study. But am so nervous. It always happens. I feel I am definitely going to flunk and feel so scared. I did feel it today.. I started my way to examination hall..
I am feeling like a packet moving from source to destination. . The cake I got on New year also looked like a Router to me.. And I stop at the signal next to an auto rickshaw -a yellow rickshaw… I see its number plate… Geez it has an IP address.. Yes it was.. Guess now on all the vehicles will have IP addresses. Network number and Host ID.. He was staring at me wondering why is this girl smiling. May be he was trying to send an ARP packet..
Gawk!!… And I lost my way.. Why did I go to Basaveshwara nagar? A traceroute would have helped.. I curse the traffic- I am getting late. Congestion… Wait.. I need money and I saw so many ATMs on the way. Didn’t stop by any.. Just like that.. 16 , 17, 18 ATMs may be I passed, never stopped by… Some compatibility issue. What if the Server denies my access. ..As I go by the road one more question occurred to me.. What If they ask me the chemical formula of a router?? I haven’t studied that .. Silly I thought then… I am gone insane.

I reach the exam centre only to find an attender and the manager.. I completed the registration. Needed a photograph, which the manager took, and it seemed like the camera didn’t like me. It was staring at me grudgingly and clicked at my scariest expression ever. Bling!! that was the pic which got posted on my certificate. I sit at the computer given to me.. The attender clicked this that and BOOM, my exam started. I felt the mouse was wet..Oops that was my hand sweating.. I read the first question. Wow I know the answer. And then the second and third..wasnt as scary as I thght it would be. I do this everytime.. Nervous like crazy.. After soaking the mouse with sweat for an hour and so, I realized that the terror was over…. I clicked end exam and wow.. I have faired well.. I am sure those two would have heard the sigh I let out.. Ha ha Pappu pass Hogaya.. But commentable was the Déjà vu feeling.. I am sure I have felt the same way sometime before.. Déjà vu….



4 comments:

  1. Congrats.. I think you got a VALID IP now..
    LOP was worth it.. huh

    ReplyDelete
  2. superb mamta.. that was very good narration.. you are more talented than i thought you were. hmmmm keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good One and Congratulations on ur excellent score !

    ReplyDelete