badge

Friday, May 30, 2008

APPRAISAL SHOCK

This is the first time ever in my life. I have so many commitments, so many expenses, my family, my assets, my future and only I know how important for me this appraisal is. I was expecting a good one, at least so much to fulfill my basic requirements. But the papers before me were mocking at me. What in there was not even enough to fill our stomach. Enough.. I decided. This is not going to help in any way. But.......quitting job doesnt make it any better either. I am totally blank. What brought be back to the real world was the sound of a train engine at the adjacent railway station. I was supposed to commute back home. But I decided. .
I made sure that no one else was around, slowly got down the platform and walked to a darker place. I see the signal lamp red and knew there could be another train this way. Must be the passenger train at 7.45PM. Kept my bag aside, and the papers. The raw smell of rusted tracks, stench of urine, mixed with grease and I could not bear it. I clinched my fists, my finger tips were cold and numb. I could hear my breathe myself, that it was so loud. Slowly I sank down and tried to lie down on the track. I suddenly realized my legs could feel something or someone. And it was another man. Alas! Even he was trying a suicide. I could not see how he looked like for it was too dark. Suddenly I felt I should save the man, killing oneself or letting others die is not wise. I changed my mind. I slowly walked the man and helped him to climb up the platform. He was very pale and wanted to sit. When we sat on the bench and saw his face, I could not but believe I knew this man. . Boss.....

2 comments: